Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 1/2 cups salsa fresh, drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1 4 oz can green chilies chopped, (mild, medium or hot)
- sour cream dollop for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Trim chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper then sprinkle with taco seasoning.
Add black beans, corn kernels, salsa and cilantro into casserole dish and mix until evenly combined. Place seasoned chicken breasts on top of veggies and cover dish with aluminum foil.
Bake 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through then remove from oven and discard aluminum foil. Spoon green chilies over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven uncovered to melt cheese—approximately 5 minutes.
Remove from oven, top with reserved chopped cilantro and serve chicken with veggie medley spooned over the top or on the side. Enjoy!
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 22gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 917mgPotassium: 264mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4g