Trace one-of-a-kind printable pumpkin carving stencils to have the neighborhood’s most original-looking pumpkins.
Choose an owl, a space invader, or a sugar skull to draw the attention of your neighbors. They’re definitely not the typical designs you’d find in a store.
A lot of carving sets include a template-tracing wheel that makes it extra quick and easy to trace stencils by punching a series of holes as a guide.
If your kit doesn’t have this tool, you can use an awl or other sharp object to puncture small holes through the template onto the pumpkin.
If you don’t want to mess around with scooping the pulp out of a real pumpkin, you can always carve one that’s made of foam. Just be sure to use a battery-operated candle or your next trick-or-treater may be a firefighter!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Halloween pumpkin carving stencils instructions
- Use pumpkin carving tools to cut out a hole at the top of your pumpkin. Scrape out all the pulp and seeds.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY Pumpkin Stencils printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print templates and tape directly onto the pumpkin.
- Trace where indicated using a template-tracing wheel. If you don’t have one, use any sharp tool to puncture holes as a guide.
- Once your pattern has been traced, remove paper then carve out the traced areas.
- Insert candle and place at your front door for all the neighbors to admire.