Making a low-carb breading for Parmesan-crusted chicken can be done in the time it takes to preheat the oven! Really! It doesn’t get much easier than throwing a few ingredients in a bowl and stirring them together. There’s just enough mayo (you’ll hardly taste it!) to moisten a mixture of grated Parmesan, green onions and garlic powder.
Since baking time depends upon the thickness of the chicken breasts, take a minute to pound them with a mallet before placing them on a baking sheet. That way they’ll cook more evenly.
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray then set aside.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cool water, pat dry with paper towels and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each lightly with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic powder, green onion and parsley together until well combined. Spread an equal amount of the Parmesan cheese mixture evenly over the top surface of each chicken breast then bake 20–22 minutes, depending upon thickness—the thickest part of the chicken should register 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow the crust to set 5 minutes before transferring to a serving dish. Enjoy!
Hold the salt and pepper if you automatically add them to your food before tasting it. This breading is so packed with flavor you may not want any additional seasoning.