10 easy steps for roasting chicken so it turns out moist every time!
There is nothing worse than sitting down to a much-anticipated dinner after a long day and cutting into a dry, stringy chicken for the ultimate dinner fail! Follow my 10 easy steps for roasting chicken, making it a success every time!
- Wash and pat chicken super dry before you start.
- If time permits, rub cavity and under the skin with 1 ½ tsp kosher salt and spices and let sit in the fridge for overnight.
- In a heavy Dutch oven, turn chicken breast-side down and sear in olive oil for 5-6 minutes with onion and cut veggies, adding the garlic at the last minute.
- Turn chicken breast-side up.
- Make certain to cover with a tight fitting lid. If your lid jiggles a little, cover the pot with tight-fitting aluminum foil and then place the lid on top.
- Roast slowly in a 250 degree oven for approx. 1 ½ hours.
- Test breast meat to read 165 degrees.
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes for all the juices to return to the center of the meat.
- Use drippings at the bottom of the pan to pour over the chicken before you serve.
- Sit back and reap the compliments!