This centerpiece is not only beautiful, but super easy to make. You can literally throw together our inexpensive natural twig centerpiece in minutes!
We’ve used a galvanized French flower market bucket as a vase for a rustic look, but feel free to substitute with any similar container. Just make sure it has enough height to hold tall branches, which can easily be upcycled from your own yard.
If you’re unable to find branches or twigs appropriate for this DIY, check out natural branches at your local craft store. We like tiger branches because of their unusual pattern.
Wrap wide colorful jute ribbon around the tin and secure with hot glue. Next, wrap with twine and finish with a knot or bow. Denote the holiday or occasion by slipping a small embellishment through the twine. Use an ornament, heart, or star…the choice is yours!
Complete your twig centerpiece by pushing branches into floral foam. Consider adding jeweled branches for a touch of elegance. To complete the look, set your natural twig centerpiece on a simple burlap runner. Your guests will enjoy the simplicity and natural elements and you’ll love how easy and inexpensive it is to make.
DIY natural twig centerpiece instructions
DIY Natural Twig Centerpiece Instructions
- Center one end of ribbon on back of the bucket. Add dots of hot glue around bucket to keep ribbon in place.
- Wrap ribbon around entire bucket and secure with more double-sided tape if needed.
- Cut 3 pieces jute twine long enough to wrap around bucket plus extra for bow or knot.
- Wrap jute twine around bucket overlapping as you go.
- Tie in front with knot or bow, fray ends.
- Fill bottom of bucket with wet floral foam, cut to fit (you can use any foam, but floral foam is easy to push sticks into).
- Arrange branches and push into foam.
- Add jeweled branches to add color and shine.