Paper mache centerpiece
A beautifully crafted spring centerpiece is essential for the Easter table.
We fell in love with the idea of origami paper maché because of their vibrant hues, brilliant texture and malleability for the project.
Mix and match the origami papers to construct paper maché eggs for displaying your favorite spring florals.
Paper mache egg centerpiece instructions
Paper maché egg centerpiece
- [url href=” http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IKES5O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001IKES5O&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=A4FSREDST36KQYBA ” target=”_blank”]decoupage glue[/url]
- origami paper
- craft sponge brush
- small plastic plant liner(s)
- Blow up balloons and cut origami paper into 1 ½ x 3″ strips.
- Apply a generous coat of decoupage glue to balloon using sponge brush. Attach origami paper until ⅔ of balloon is covered. Add additional layer of glue over origami paper. Set balloon aside to dry overnight.
- Pop balloon and place plant liner or miniature vase inside paper maché egg.
- Place potted flowers or small bunch of flowers into the liner.
Paperwhites are deliciously fragrant and make a delicate spring display inside your paper maché eggs and can be found at most nurseries at Easter time.