Make a clean/dirty dishwasher sign for less than $4. Our cute printable, Plexiglass and adhesive make it a quick and easy DIY that will tell everyone when it is time to unload. No excuses!
Most dishwasher signs are magnetic, but not all dishwashers have a finish that can accommodate magnets. A simple hole punch makes this sign ready for hanging on a suction cup which holds on any type of finish!
You won’t find this design in any store and it will go with any décor, so get started! The only question you’ll be asked is ‘Whose turn is it to unload the dishwasher?’
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
clean/dirty dishwasher sign instructions
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY dishwasher sign printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print and cut out each sign where indicated. Then cut two pieces of Plexiglas, the same size as each sign, using an X-acto knife and ruler as guide.
- Spray the front side of your printouts using adhesive spray and place the pieces of Plexiglas over the top of each one, adhering them to the Plexiglass. Trim off any excess paper so that the Plexiglas is even with paper and let dry.
- Next, apply a dab of the craft adhesive to the back of each sign (the paper side) then use a foam brush to spread the glue out evenly over the paper. Carefully sandwich the glued backs together (make sure they are both facing right side up). Press firmly to remove any air bubbles.
- Carefully apply a small amount of craft adhesive to the edges of the sign, using your brush. This will help avoid water getting inside. Let dry.
- Hole punch on the top center of the sign, hook onto your suction cup and hang on your dishwasher.