DIY sports necklace with printable
No matter what sport you’re into or which kid you’re rooting for, this DIY sports necklace is a must have for the sports enthusiast or supportive soccer mom, volleyball mom, basketball mom, hockey…you get the picture!
We made tons of different printables so all you need is aluminum and dimensional Mod Podge to make the jewelry to display your team’s jersey colors and numbers.
There are plenty of solid, stripe and color combinations, and even a few blank ones in case you want to design your own! Add your favorite player’s number and the appropriate ball for the sport and you’ll be wearing a winning piece of jewelry.
We’re not just talking about college or professional teams here—this is the perfect way to cheer your child on to victory. Get the moms together and make sports necklaces as the ultimate show of support and have lots of fun at the same time.
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Sports Necklace printables
- aluminum sheet (.010″ x 4″ x 10″)
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001DU6RS/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0001DU6RS&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Xyron Sticker Maker”]Xyron Sticker Maker[/url] or spray adhesive
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDR6O2E/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00EDR6O2E&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Fiskars Amplify Mixed Media Shears”]mixed media shears[/url]
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- pendant hanger
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BPHQWU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004BPHQWU&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”E6000″]industrial-strength glue[/url]
- chain, jump ring and lobster clasp
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-sports-necklace-cherylstyle-sports-jerseys.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Printable Sports Jerseys”]Everyday Dishes & DIY Printable Sports Jerseys[/url] and the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-sports-necklace-cherylstyle-sports-balls.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Printable Sports Balls”]Everyday Dishes & DIY Printable Sports Balls[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url]. Type in your player’s number then print out on regular paper. Cut out jersey(s) and ball(s) of your choice.
- Adhere cutouts to the aluminum sheet using the sticker maker or spray adhesive. Next, carefully cut the metal sheet along the edge, using scissors.
- Pour Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on the front of the cutout, making sure it’s not too thick. Otherwise, it won’t dry correctly. Allow it to dry overnight.
- Once the Dimensional Magic is dry, turn the cutout over, center a pendant hanger clasp on the back at the top and attach using industrial-strength glue. Allow it to dry overnight.
- When the glue is dry, attach jump ring and lobster clasp to the chain and feed through the pendant hanger. You’re now ready to wear your necklace and cheer for your favorite player!