Easy DIY stitched napkins
Recycling the same old table linens each time you entertain can get blah, especially for the enthusiastic host. Revitalize elements of your table with embroidery thread and fabric napkins, old or new with this easy DIY stitched napkins craft.
- linen napkin
- embroidery thread (red, white, blue)
- tapestry needle
- Thread needle with red embroidery thread and make first stitch approx. 1.5” from left side of napkin.
- Working stitch up the left side of napkin, make each stitch approx. 1” long and .125” apart.
- Continue with red to edge of napkin, turn and repeat in other direction until there are 2 rows of red.
- Finish off red by making a double-knot.
- Repeat using white thread.
- Repeat using blue thread.
- Finished napkin will have 2 red, 2 white and 2 blue stripes.