Iced tea is so refreshing and is a much healthier alternative to soda—add a flavorful punch to regular, unflavored tea with this blackberry mint iced tea recipe.
Use fresh berries or frozen—either way, they’ll bring a ton of flavor to this beverage. Paired with fresh muddled mint and steeped in warm tea, you’ll have a sweet and invigorating beverage in no time.
You can serve immediately over ice, but if you have the bandwidth, let the liquid achieve room temperature before serving so ice doesn’t water down the tea mixture.
blackberry mint iced tea recipe
what you'll need
- 4 - 5 tea bags
- 20 - 25 blackberries
- 10 - 12 leaves fresh mint muddled
- granulated sugar to taste (optional)
- 8 cups water boiling
let's do it
- Place teabags in a heatproof pitcher, add the water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Add blackberries and mint and steep for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the teabags then stir in a couple of teaspoons of sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate until chilled then add ice. Stir well, serve and enjoy.