Grapefruit and Rooibos iced tea
Are you looking for an alternative to your regular sun tea this summer? Consider brewing this Rooibos (pronounced roy-bos) iced tea flavored naturally with grapefruit.
Not only is this a healthy alternative to sugary drinks, it has less caffeine than most teas. And the grapefruit gives it a citrusy twist that makes it the perfect summertime thirst quencher!
grapefruit rooibos iced tea recipe
Try this Rooibos iced tea with grapefruit recipe and take advantage of its high levels of naturally-occurring antioxidants and other health benefits.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Rooibos loose-leaf tea and tea ball, or 2-3 Rooibos tea bags
- 8 cups water, boiling
- 1 grapefruit, thick sliced
- Put tea ball or tea bags into hot water and steep 10 minutes.
- Remove tea ball or tea bags and add grapefruit slices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Add ice and stir well before serving.
- Nothing is more refreshing than a big glass of iced tea. Try this tea with the grapefruit for an extra kick!
Calories: 10kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 0.2g, Fat: 0.03g, Saturated Fat: 0.01g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.004g, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 57mg, Fiber: 0.3g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!