Virginia Black Whiskey Champagne Cocktail
It’s no secret that we love a good cocktail around here. I mean, we have more than a couple of recipes on our site! So, any time we have a chance to create a new concoction featuring a delicious new spirit, we jump at the chance. Our friends at Virginia Black Whiskey sent us a stunning bottle of their whiskey, and we couldn’t wait to give it a try.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Virginia Black Whiskey is a collaboration between Brent Hocking, Founder & Creator of the original Deleón Tequila & Award-Winning Artist, Songwriter, Rapper and Actor, Drake. A shared passion for style, music, and the pursuit of taste brought them together on a quest to redefine whiskey. The result of their attention to detail is a whiskey that is smooth, yet substantial. The flavor is absolutely decadent! Plus, how stunning is the bottle?
We first sampled this whiskey over ice and it was DELICIOUS. We decided to take things one step further with a cocktail recipe that is light and refreshing – equally perfect for ringing in the new year or enjoying at happy hour.
- This recipe works best in a highball cocktail glass. This ensures you have enough room for the ice and plenty of champagne. Get your hands on some gorgeous ones here!
- Don’t skip the bitters. It gives the cocktail some depth and flavor that you’ll miss out on otherwise.
- To get your hands on some Virginia Black Whiskey, visit their website. They has a list of locations that carry it based on your zip code!
Whiskey Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 1 double shot Virginia Black Whiskey, (about 2 oz)
- 2 drops lemon juice
- 2 - 3 drops aromatic bitters
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup, (could also use liquid sugar or honey)
- 6 oz Champagne, (more or less to taste)
- In a high ball cocktail glass , mix together the lemon juice, bitters, and agave syrup.
- Add the double shot of whiskey.
- Fill glass about half way full with ice.
- Top with champagne & enjoy!