You know how long it takes to cut out everything you need for scrapbooking, fabric and other decorations? Well, that’s nothing but a distant memory! You can save time and make amazing designs for all your craft projects with a Brother’s ScanNCut hobby cutting machine.
The built-in 300 DPI scanner turns images, photos or hand-drawn sketches into unique designs. Our head crafter, Audrey, was literally giddy with excitement when she tried it out. It’s super fun and it saves loads of time—which means more crafts for Everyday Dishes & DIY readers! The ScanNCut is definitely an investment, but if you do a lot of crafting, it will save you money on supplies in the long run. No computers, software or pricey cartridges required!
It’s really the secret to unleashing your creativity. Imagine all of the sentimental projects you can create. You can even take your child’s first written words and turn them into a sweet keepsake. The ScanNCut is perfect for crafting as well as mixed media art, scrapbooking, sewing and quilting.
Design one-of-a-kind birthday cards, appliqués, photo albums, calendars—even lampshades! With ScanNCut, you can cut intricate patterns onto almost any material, including fabric, felt, paper and leather. Plus, there are more than 600 built-in designs. That is enough to keep you busy for a while!
Some of our favorite creative ideas include:
- Art journal: Design a personalized cover for an art journal, where you can track special moments and inspiration as it strikes!
- Glitter tree: Stylish and stunning Christmas DIY décor is easy with ScanNCut.
- Beverage tumbler: You know those see-through plastic coffee tumblers? Add illustrations, text and other elements to express your individuality.
- Festive banners: Decorating for a party or celebration has never been easier or more fun! Make bold and bright multi-dimensional banners, displays and tabletop accessories.
- Pop-up cards: Run-of-the-mill greeting cards can be so blah. You can get really personal with 3-D pop-up cards made with your own handmade illustrations.
ScanNCut is readily available on the web. Here’s where to buy:
- Authorized Brother Innov-Is Dealer
- Notions Marketing
- Hancock Fabrics
This makes a great Mother’s Day gift!
This article is sponsored by Brother ScanNCut. All reviews and opinions are our very own and written solely by Everyday Dishes & DIY staff and were not influenced in any way. All discounts offered and product claims made by Everyday Dishes & DIY have been approved by and are the sole responsibility of the advertiser.