Bite-sized stuffed Santa tomatoes
Holiday fun foods aren’t always just for the kids, and our bite-sized stuffed Santa tomatoes are case in point. They’re elegant, easy to prepare and taste fantastic.
We created our bacon white cheddar dip specifically for this recipe and guess what—after you’re done with the holidays, the dip is perfect for your Super Bowl party!
When you prepare the bacon for the dip, make sure to finely chop the bacon. It needs to be small enough to fit through the tip of your pastry bag to fill your tomatoes. Happy snacking!
Bite-sized stuffed Santa tomatoes recipe
Our bite-sized stuffed Santa tomatoes are elegant, easy to prepare and taste fantastic. Pair with our bacon white cheddar dip for happy snacking!
Yield: 24 stuffed tomatoes
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 1 recipe bacon white cheddar dip
- basil, shredded, for garnish
- Cut a thin slice from each tomato opposite the stem end to allow it to stand upright. Make sure they are stable since the filling tends to make them top-heavy.
- Make a slice parallel to the bottom about ¼ of the way down from the top. This smaller piece will be Santa’s hat. Now very carefully squeeze the tomato to remove the seeds. You may need to use the tip of a paring knife to help get the seeds out. Set the empty tomatoes and the top piece aside.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a small tip with the bacon dip. Fill the tomato in the pockets where the seeds were with the dip. Overfill the tomato to create Santa’s beard then place the ‘hat’ on top. Now put a tiny bit of dip on top of the ‘hat.’ Place tomatoes on a serving plate, scatter with shredded basil and serve.
Make sure to chop the bacon extra finely for the filling. Large chunks will not get through the pastry bag tip to fill the tomatoes!
Calories: 127kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 329mg, Potassium: 116mg, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!