Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
These chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches with peanut butter are ideal when you want to make something delicious, but don’t have a lot of time to create individual servings.
Prepare the sandwiches ahead of time, so when your guests arrive (planned or not) you can surprise them with a cool treat that is sure to bring smiles to their faces.
Chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two 15" jellyroll pans with parchment paper then spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium bowl then mix in eggs one at a time. Mix in baking soda, salt, flour and vanilla extract one at a time to butter mixture then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter and spread evenly in pans.
- Bake until edges are golden, approximately 20–25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through bake time.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Return one cookie to pan and spread half of the peanut butter on top. Freeze for 15 minutes while ice cream softens on counter.
- Spread vanilla ice cream on peanut butter layer and freeze for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining peanut butter on ice cream layer and top with remaining cookie. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Slice and serve! For the best cut, be sure to freeze overnight. A good trick when you’re ready to slice is to cut a long line down the cookie, flip it on its side so the layers are showing and then cut into individual pieces. This keeps the ice cream and peanut butter in place.