DIY reindeer centerpiece
This holiday season, minimalism meets rustic with our Manzanita branch reindeer centerpiece composed of a vase, artificial snow and LED lights. Use our reindeer vase as a unique centerpiece for the table, or hang ornaments and small tags with the names of your guests and put it on display for a holiday party or gift exchange.
During the yuletide season, we tend to see a lot of pinecones, candles and ornamental bulbs used for decorating. The reindeer vase is fresh approach to your holiday setting. It’s inexpensive to create, extraordinarily simple to make and can be done in less 25 minutes.
Perfectionists need not apply—the brilliant thing about this DIY reindeer vase is that you don’t need patience or an expert craft record to make it picture perfect. When stringing the lights on your Manzanita branches, don’t worry about wrapping them impeccably. Because the LED lights are embedded in such a fine chord, casually strung lights will look ethereal in a low-light setting. The effect is magical!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I7LOF6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004I7LOF6&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”4″x12″ Clear Glass Cylinder Vase”]4” x 12” clear glass cylinder vase[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051B4MDO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0051B4MDO&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”6″x12″ Clear Glass Cylinder Vase”]6” x 12” clear glass cylinder vase[/url]
- 8 oz bag of artificial snow
- 2 [url href=”http://www.save-on-crafts.com/manzanita3.html?cmp=froogle&kw=manzanita3″ target=”_blank” title=”Manzanita Branches”]Manzanita branches[/url]
- 2 strands [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E328A4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004E328A4&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Micro LED 20 Warm White Color Lights”]Micro LED 20 Warm White Color Lights[/url]
- wet floral foam brick or floral clay
- 3-ply natural jute cord
- red jingle bell
- Cover the top of the small vase with plastic wrap and place inside the large vase.
- Fill the space between vases with snow until filled to top using a large spoon or scoop.
- Wrap both Manzanita branches with LED lights until fully covered.
- Cut and arrange foam in bottom of small vase (use a butter knife to cut the foam into pieces that fit in the vase). If the green foam is visible through snow, wrap with white white tissue paper or white felt to cover.
- Firmly push branches into foam to secure in place.
- Cut a 72” long piece of jute cord and thread red jingle bell onto cord until centered.
- Center the jingle bell on the front of the vase and wrap the jute cord around the vase around a few times. Secure with a knot in the back.
- Turn on the lights and enjoy your festive centerpiece!