Easter Butterfly Treats
What do you get when you combine salty pretzels with the sweet taste of caramel and milk chocolate then top it off with a crunchy almond? Cute and tasty Easter butterfly treats!
These fabulous, mouth-watering snacks take only 15 minutes to prepare and another minute to pop into the oven so the chocolate can melt ever so slightly.
The key is to situate the pretzels and the chocolate-covered caramels exactly as you’d like them to look when ready to eat. Melting the chocolate-covered caramels will keep the ‘wings’ symmetrical and hold the ‘body’ together—ready to have candy-coated nuts pressed into place.
Easter Butterfly Treats Recipe
- 32 miniature pretzels
- 16 mini chocolate-covered caramels
- 16 Jordan almonds, multi-colored
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Group two pretzels side by side to resemble butterfly wings. Place a chocolate-covered caramels mini in the center of the two pretzels so that both pretzels are underneath the caramels—the pretzels should be touching in the center. Repeat with all remaining pretzels and chocolate-covered caramels.
- Bake 1 minute—just until caramels have softened. Remove from oven then press a Jordan almond into the center of each caramel to not only seal all of the ingredients together but also to form the body of the butterfly.
- Place baking sheet into the fridge until chocolate has set.