Our printable Thanksgiving family tree is super easy to make! Trace, cut out and assemble a special centerpiece to be used year after year.
You’ll need three types of paper—card stock for printing the template and making leaves, chipboard to make the tree sturdy and patterned scrapbook paper for ‘tree bark.’
Cutting out and assembling the tree requires some patience but once the leaves are attached, you’ll have a keepsake that can grow just as your family does.
Printable Thanksgiving family tree instructions
- Thanksgiving family tree printable
- 4 pieces of card stock
- 3 – 8.5″ x 11″ pieces of chipboard
- precision knife
- 6 – 8.5″ x 11″ patterned scrapbook paper
- spray adhesive
- card stock for leaves
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/printable-thanksgiving-family-tree-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Thanksgiving Family Tree Printable”]Thanksgiving family tree printable[/url] then open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print out tree template on card stock, cut out where indicated then set aside.
- Apply a heavy coat of spray adhesive to 1 piece of chipboard. Place your choice of patterned scrapbook paper on it, press to adhere then allow it to dry a few minutes. Repeat the process for the back and the remaining 2 pieces of chipboard.
- Once dry, trace the template cutouts onto the chipboard, now covered with scrapbook paper. Cut out using a precision knife then assemble, following the template as a guide.
- Make fall-colored leaf cutouts out of card stock on which family members can write their names. Attach leaves to branches using glue and display.