White Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix
Jazz up an ordinary bowl of popcorn for a snack mix that’s sweet, savory and so easy to make. Puffed cereal and pretzels make white chocolate popcorn so tasty it’s impossible to stop at just one handful!
It’s a good thing this recipe makes a huge batch because the kids (and you) are going to absolutely love this stuff! We used two bags of ‘simply salted’ microwave popcorn but you could use a hot air popper to pop the kernels and add a touch of salt instead.
If you need a little help with self-control and want to make a smaller batch, the recipe can easily be adjusted. Just keep the ratios of the ingredients the same. You can even add goodies like chocolate candy pieces or cocoa cereal puffs to make this mix your own.
White Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe
- 12 cups popcorn, salted but not buttered
- 3 cups puffed cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzel knots
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- sea salt, optional
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside. Add popcorn, cereal and pretzels to a large bowl then toss to combine.
- Add white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt by microwaving for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, give the chocolate chips a stir then continue to heat and stir at 10-second intervals until chips are about 80% melted. Stir gently until the remaining chips have melted and become smooth.
- Pour melted white chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir or toss gently to coat ingredients completely. Transfer mixture to the baking sheet then spread it into an even layer but don’t compact the mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired then allow the chocolate to set at room temperature for an hour. Once chocolate is firm, break up any large clumps. Serve and enjoy!