Forget about trashing the make-up that you ended up using once because it wasn’t right or you dropped it and it cracked into a hundred pieces—recycle it! Our DIY lip stain is fun to make, quick and easy.
Experiment with colors by combining crushed eye shadows and blush inside a resealable plastic bag. Then mix with melted lip balm! That’s all there is to it.
Look for tiny make-up travel jars at the local drug store. They will keep your newly tinted lip balm fresh and are the perfect size to fit in your purse.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
DIY lip stain instructions
- 1 small pan eye powder shadow or blush
- resealable plastic bag
- small metal bowl
- small saucepan
- 2 full tubes colorless lip balm
- small container for lip gloss
- Crush powder eye shadow or blush in resealable plastic bag then set aside. Meanwhile, bring two inches of water to a boil over medium-low heat in a small saucepan.
- Place two full tubes of colorless lip balm in a small metal bowl then place bowl in saucepan to let balm melt in water bath. Once the balm has melted completely, stir in the crushed eye shadow or blush until both ingredients are completely combined.
- When the pigment is evenly distributed, remove metal bowl from water bath then pour liquid into small container. Set aside to cool. Use any time you have chapped lips and desire a hint of color!