It’s finally the weekend and you can’t wait to catch up with friends and family over a yummy brunch! Don’t go out, have an informal brunch at home. Let me help you prepare the tastiest meal with 10 stress-free brunch tips to help you enjoy your Saturday brunch as much as your guests!
- Set your table the day before and think of things you can make ahead of time so you’re only preparing one or two dishes the morning of the brunch.
- Decorate the table with fresh fruits to add color. Use slices of ruby red grapefruit, lemons, or green apples floating in a tall cylinder vase with short stem flowers for a fresh look.
- Consider a bright, white wine such as a dry Riesling, Pino Grigio, or Sauvignon blanc.
- If you’re making French toast, try a buttery challah bread or brioche. Add crushed cornflakes for an awesome crunch crust.
- When making an egg casserole, whisk your eggs for 2–3 full minutes to incorporate air to create a lighter, fluffier casserole.
- Don’t forget about savory dishes when preparing for a brunch. Salad with a light vinaigrette, quiche, cold cuts, and salmon pair beautifully with muffins, cinnamon rolls and pancakes.
- When storing pancakes in a covered dish for a brunch, place a plain piece of bread on top to absorb any condensation that forms on the lid.
- Add 1 part OJ to 2 parts ice tea for a refreshing mid-morning drink.
- You can easily add chopped fresh herbs to whipped cream cheese to take it up a notch for your morning brunch. Walnuts and honey also add an element of sweet to the typically savory spread.
- Try preparing the desserts in small bite-sized portions for brunch—think pudding in shot glasses or bite-sized cookies. You’d be surprised at how many people indulge when they think they are just taking a ‘bite’ of dessert.
Fix our easy challah French toast the night before and bake it the next morning while getting dressed. It’s a delicious way to start the day!
Whether a fleet of hungry teens just spent the night, or the extended family’s in tow—feed the masses our easy breakfast Stromboli wrapped in puff pastry!
Our easy homemade red wine vinaigrette dressing recipe turns an ordinary salad into a super-healthy one with all the benefits that red wine has to offer.
This light and delicious bacon zucchini quiche can easily be made ahead for your next brunch. We’ve included tips for making a successful quiche!
We turned our carrot cake muffins inside out! The frosting in these carrot cake muffins is baked inside, making for a delicious surprise with every bite!
Try our cream cheese stuffed monkey bread recipe for a twist on an old favorite. It’s sure to get your day off to a sweet start!