Brimming with rich cocoa and whipped cream, and spiked with delicious Bailey’s, this adult hot cocoa recipe is guaranteed to warm up even the coldest winter day. Make it extra special and top with whipped topping marshmallows!
Baileys Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Bailey's Original Irish Cream
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- whipped topping marshmallows
- chocolate shavings, optional
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder and water in a medium sized saucepan. Simmer until mixture thickens, 1–2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla to chocolate syrup.
- Heat to desired temperature and stir in Bailey's.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Make a second batch—minus the Bailey's—for kids and any designated drivers!