Our citrus refresher with fresh basil is the ultimate, invigorating non-alcoholic drink, especially during the warm weather months. It’s bursting with fresh flavor, and both kids and adults alike will go wild for the results.
It’s like a creamsicle with a hint of basil, while the coconut milk and agave are responsible for the mild, tropical vibe. Of course, you can use regular milk and sugar if you don’t have the other ingredients on hand.
If you’re juicing, try adding a couple cups of kale for an extra boost of antioxidants! The color will be more Dr. Seuss than creamsicle, but the drink will be just as tasty.
Citrus Refresher with Basil Recipe
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 oz orange juice concentrate, frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar, or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine ingredients in blender then pulse until completely smooth and uniform in color.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Make this refresher extra bright and swap the basil leaves with mint leaves!