Who could pass up these adorable felt Easter bunny bags? Download our pattern and follow easy instructions to make soft, pliable bunnies filled with holiday candies or trinkets. Give each one its own personality!
Place them in Easter baskets, give them as gifts, or set them on your table to dress it up in a fun way. For just a few dollars, you can use sheets of felt and scrap materials to make unique bunnies that everyone will appreciate.
If your sewing machine’s not set up, use a blanket stitch to hand stitch these critters. Don’t like to sew? It’s easy to adapt this craft to use hot glue instead, so no excuses! Get hopping!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Felt Easter bunny bag instructions
Felt Easter bunny bags instructions
- Felt Easter bunny bags template
- 9" x 12" sheet of crafting felt
- sewing pins
- fabric stiffener
- small bowl and foam brush
- sewing machine or needle and thread/embroidery floss
- fabric covered button
- fishing line (optional)
- scrap fabric, ribbon and felt
- hot glue gun
- pom pom
- candies or trinkets
- Download the felt Easter bunny bags template, open in Adobe Reader and print.
- Cut out and pin patterns out to the felt then cut out, making sure the smaller ear pattern goes on a contrasting color.
- Pour a small amount of fabric stiffener into a small bowl and brush one side of both the larger and smaller ear shapes using a foam brush. Apply the coat evenly then set aside to dry.
- Fold the felt ‘body’ piece as indicated on the pattern, pin the 2 sides together then flip the body over so it’s facing down.
- Place the face shape UNDER the top portion of the body shape so that both shapes overlap about ¼" then pin in place.
- Starting at the bottom of the body (where the fold is), sew one side then the other, all the way to the top of the face. Remove the pins as you go.
- Sew the face flap to the body then check to see if your bunny’s ears have dried. If they have, sew the smaller ones to the larger ones.
- To attach the ears, place the bunny face down, extend the face flap out and tuck the base of the ears (face down) into the small flap where the face and body meet.
- Sew across the flap to secure the ears in place.
- Create eyes on the front of the face flap by using 2 different colors of embroidery floss.
- Sew a fabric-covered button in place for a nose. Add optional whiskers by cutting a few 6" pieces of fishing line, wrapping them around the nose and tying twice to create a knot. (The fishing line will want to curl so pull the whiskers straight and tape them to a tabletop until they straighten out).
- Add additional features such as a tummy patch and bowtie using scrap ribbons, felt and hot glue. Don’t forget a pom pom tail on the back!
- Create a Velcro closure for the flap and hot glue to keep it securely in place.
- Fill with candy, trinkets or Easter eggs or insert tissue paper and crinkle to give them shape as decoration for your Easter table.