Okay, so if you only do this once a year, it’s worth it. Give leftover Halloween candy a second life by making our ridiculously tasty monster candy milkshake.
We selected our favorite candies like M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, Twix and Snickers all in their miniature, fun-sized packages and combined it with our favorite ice cream—yeehaw! A once-a-year indulgence! But life is about the 80/20 rule, right?
There’s nothing to making this shake—just combine the candies and ice cream in a blender, slowly adding heavy whipping cream or milk, depending on how thick you like your shake. Incorporate toppings like whipped cream, chocolate, caramel syrup and cherries then BAM: dessert is served!
It’s a great activity to do with your kids, or perhaps you want to wait until they go to bed before you raid the Halloween stash. This recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth so well, it will give you something to look forward to next year.
Monster Candy Milkshake Recipe
- Halloween candy, assorted
- ice cream
- heavy whipping cream, or milk
- optional toppings
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel syrup
- maraschino cherries
- Scoop ice cream into blender. The more ice cream you add, the thicker it will be. Next, add desired candies.
- Pulse blender, slowly adding heavy whipping cream or milk until you reach the desired consistency. Pour into glass, top with desired accouterments then serve immediately.
We used leftover Halloween candy but we’re anxious to try this recipe with cookie dough!