You don’t have to gorge yourself at the nudging of your sweet tooth. Our frozen cookie dough bites recipe prepares enough yummy nibbles to satiate your cravings without busting the scale!
It’s a fun activity to do with the kids, and even better because there’s no baking involved. Of course, we made this recipe with the adults in mind but it’s also a sweet little snack for your littles in the house.
When you’re finished with the preparation, keep your freshly-made cookie dough bites sealed tightly in the freezer for top-notch freshness. The most ironic part of the process is when you go to get one from the freezer for a snack and discover they’re all gone!
Frozen Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, 2 sticks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, mini
- flour, for rolling
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place it in your freezer where it can lay flat.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add milk, vanilla and salt and mix until completely combined. Stir in flour until well combined then add mini chocolate chips and fold until evenly distributed.
- Cover a small plate with flour. Use a small melon ball scoop or tsp to measure the dough then form the dough into little balls and roll them in the flour. Remove the cold cookie sheet from the freezer and place balls onto parchment.
- Return the pan to freezer until the dough is firm. Using a covered container, place firm balls into layers separated by parchment paper. Cover and keep in freezer for up to two months. Sneak bites often.
Chocolate chips or none—you decide!