Traditional Tuscan chicken is a great weeknight dinner because it requires a single skillet to cook the dish from start to finish. It’s normally served with a big heaping side of pasta, but we’ve made a version that stands well on its own. Plus, there’s a heaping bunch of spinach so you’re getting your veggies in! We like using chicken thighs in our Creamy Tuscan Chicken keto recipe for an ample source of protein that holds up well in the sauce.
This dish is ultimately creamy and a little cheesy. We start by browning the chicken thighs before cooking them alongside Tuscan ingredients like sundried tomatoes and garlic. Are you drooling yet? These flavors come together for a deliciously cohesive entree that can be paired alongside mixed vegetables, cauliflower rice, and so much more. Get creative!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Keto Recipe Tips:
- Try serving this over cauliflower rice instead of the traditional pasta to keep this keto-friendly.
- You can also serve with a side of mixed veggies or a green salad to make it a full meal.
- This recipe warms up deliciously! Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days
Keto Creamy Tuscan Chicken
what you'll need
let's do it
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the avocado oil.
- Add the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes per side without moving to brown. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot. Saute for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Follow with the heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and spinach. Stir until incorporated.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes per side.
- Turn off the heat and let sit to thicken/cool about 5 minutes before serving.