Explore the flavors of Tuscany with this delicious, creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta. Ready in minutes, this dish is one that is sure to please the entire family – and it even incorporates some veggies!
If you’re not a fan of angel hair pasta, don’t worry. This recipe is just as delicious served over a thicker noodle like fettuccini or pappardelle.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, (or about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 package angel hair pasta, (or preferred pasta noodle)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- To start, if you want your chicken breasts to cook faster, pound thin with the flat side of meat tenderizer.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm a deep skillet and then add avocado oil. Allow the avocado oil to warm, and then add the seasoned chicken. Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain pasta and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- In the skillet where you cooked the chicken, add the heavy cream, broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning. Slowly whisk in the parmesan and mozzarella until both cheeses are fully dissolved in the sauce mixture. To thicken the sauce, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes to the skillet and let the sauce simmer until the spinach starts to wilt
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cover with the sauce until the chicken breast is soaked with the sauce.
- Grab a bowl and scoop the desired amount of pasta. Top with a chicken breast and a generous helping of sauce. Add extra parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper to serve.
Make sure you save a little parmesan cheese for serving. It makes such a difference in the presentation!
Balance out this hearty pasta dish with some of our favorite, light salads: