S’mores are one of our favorite desserts. There’s just something about the combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers that is basically magic. However, they can be tricky to make if you don’t have a campfire burning. That’s why we love this easy S’mores Bars recipe! You can make a big batch at once and serve them up to all your family and friends during the holidays (or really any time of year).
When we first saw these over on Tasty, we knew we had to make our own version. This recipe truly couldn’t be easier and trust us when we say these dessert bars are also incredibly addicting! Bonus: you can make this ahead of time so it’s a great dessert or snack for a party where you don’t want to be in the kitchen for too long.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
S’mores Bars Recipe Tips:
- If you make the s’mores bars ahead of time, store them in the fridge and then bring them out 5 – 10 minutes before you want to serve so the chocolate softens just slightly.
- Add a few dashes of cinnamon to the chocolate for more of a holiday flavor.
- This is such a great gift idea for your coworkers or neighbors. Throw them in some cellophane bags for cute presentation.
- If you love s’mores, try our Homemade Marshmallow Recipe for a gourmet twist or our Easy Skillet S’mores.
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Throw the graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush by rolling with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and mix in with the graham crackers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the graham cracker mix.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of marshmallows over the top, and bake for 7 - 10 minutes until the marshmallows are slightly browned.
- While the base is in the oven, melt the chocolate.
- Pull the base out of the oven, then spread the melted chocolate over the top. Reserve a small amount of chocolate to sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallows over the top and then drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Freeze the bars for 1 hour to harden.
- After an hour, break up the base into pieces to enjoy.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.