Both kids and adults love dipping into these easy skillet s’mores. You don’t even have to go camping to enjoy—they’re perfect for parties, sleepovers, even as a weekday treat.
And when we say easy, we mean easy. With just four ingredients on the list, you’ll have a delicious dessert in eight to ten minutes. Thanks to the addition of heavy cream, the chocolate stays ‘scoopable’ even after the dip has cooled.
If you don’t want to heat up the house on a warm summer’s day, use your toaster oven. Just set to broil and pop that little eight-inch skillet right on in.
Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than this. Who doesn’t love a good s’more?
Easy skillet s'mores recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 box graham crackers
let's do it
- Place a rack in the top position of the oven and preheat on the broil setting.
- Place an 8" skillet over medium heat and add the heavy cream to the pan. When the cream is very hot and just beginning to bubble around the edges of the pan, turn the heat off, but leave the skillet on the burner. (Be careful, if the cream gets too hot it may boil over!) Immediately add the chocolate chips and stir until the cream has completely dissolved into the chocolate and the mixture becomes glossy and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cover the entire surface of the chocolate with a layer of the mini marshmallows. Place the skillet under the broiler for just a few seconds to toast the top of the marshmallows. DO NOT step away from the oven during this process! This will take only a matter of seconds and is highly variable due to oven temperatures and the proximity of the skillet to the heat. Also, please note that just as marshmallows will ignite when toasted over a campfire, the same is true in the oven, so keep an eye on them! (If they do catch on fire, just blow them out.) Toast the marshmallows until they are light golden brown or nearly blackened, however you like them.
- Remove from oven and cover any hot parts of the skillet with a kitchen towel or hot pad and dip those graham crackers to your heart’s content!
One Last Thing