DIY Coat Hooks
Tired of tripping over the collection of book bags and coats as you open your door? Get organized with our easy DIY coat hooks. Each hook costs about seven dollars to make, and depending on the age of each of the kiddos they may be able to Mod Podge the circles themselves!
You’ll need to purchase 10″ wood circles and cork letters at your local craft store, but you probably already have items such as scrapbook paper, scissors, spray adhesive, decoupage glue and a hot glue gun on hand. Check your toolbox for a disposable foam brush, robe hooks, drill, screws and screwdriver.
Grab the wood circle and a piece of scrapbook paper, giftwrap or material that best describes your child’s personality—sports, music, or super heroes? There’s a paper out there for everyone!
- 10″ wood circle
- 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper
- spray adhesive
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IKES5O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001IKES5O&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank”]decoupage glue[/url]
- disposable foam brush
- robe hook
- drill and bit
- additional screws or mounting kit
- 4 ½” cork letter
- hot glue gun and glue
- Trace a wood circle on the back of scrapbook paper using a pen or pencil then cut out and adhere to the wood circle using spray adhesive.
- Set wooden circle on top of a bowl or can to elevate it off work surface then pour a small amount of decoupage glue on the paper side of the circle. Spread evenly over entire surface and edge of exposed wood using foam brush then set aside to dry.
- Place a robe hook on the circle and mark screw holes with pencil. Drill through wood circle with drill, using pencil marks as a guide.
- Select hanging location then mark screw holes on wall with a pencil. Install hook with the wood circle, making sure to line up the holes—choose correct hardware for hanging according to type of wall surface and thickness of hook and wood circle combined.
- Adhere cork letters with a hot glue gun then hang hats, scarves, lunch bags, backpacks and notes for your kiddos!