DIY Photo Puzzle
Go for something different to display your family photos and make a photo puzzle! We show you how to scale different photos to fit wooden blocks then decoupage with glue.
We chose six photos so we couldn’t exactly buzz through this craft. To cut down on time, you can use just one photo for the actual puzzle and paint solid colors on the remaining sides of the blocks.
Photo puzzles make super meaningful Father’s Day gifts for the guy who has enough stuff and they’re even more fun for kids to assemble. In fact, they’re perfect for just about any occasion.
How to make a DIY photo puzzle
- 6 photos
- 4 wooden blocks, 2″ x 2″
- precision knife
- wax paper
- decoupage glue
- Select and scale photos to a minimum of 4.5″ using scale option in printer’s settings.
- Line up blocks side by side in 2 rows, place over 1 photo and trace using a pencil. Cut out photo using a precision knife and ruler as guide.
- Place the photo on top of the blocks and mark where the corners are on each block. Use a ruler and pencil to connect the marks to divide the photo into 4 equal squares then cut out.
- Cover work surface with wax paper. Brush decoupage glue on the back of the cutouts and place on the cubes to complete the photo. Repeat process for remaining photos and sides of cubes and allow them to dry.
- Coat all sides of the cubes with decoupage glue, allow them to dry completely then assemble.