Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey mustard chicken, made with tasty Dijon mustard, is super easy to make—plus, the kids will love it!
The glaze for this recipe is all about taste, texture and thickness and takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Dijon has a grainy texture with a distinctive flavor that leaves ordinary yellow mustard in the dust. Mixed together with honey and Worcestershire sauce, it thickens to a sauce that sticks to the chicken, not the pan.
You can marinate the chicken overnight to really increase the flavor or simply pop it in the oven right away. Either way, it’s quick and easy—perfect for the family on the go.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 medium
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp whole grain mustard, or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Trim and blot chicken breasts dry with a paper towel to remove all moisture from the surface then season both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Spread glaze over the top of chicken and set aside until oven has preheated. You may also allow chicken to marinate in glaze for as long as overnight for increased flavor.
- Bake chicken 20 minutes then remove from oven and spoon sauce from pan back over chicken. Return to oven for an additional 2–6 minutes, depending upon thickness, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest 5 minutes while glaze thickens. Spoon additional sauce from pan over chicken once again just before serving. Enjoy!