All you need are a few things that you probably already have on hand and your favorite foliage (we used lavender) to create pressed flowers and herbs to use for crafting or as a gift. This method can be used for pressing leaves, too. Just follow the simple instructions for this easy DIY craft.
DIY pressed flowers and herbs instructions
- fresh flowers, herbs or leaves
- blotting paper, such as newspaper or craft paper
- heavy book, like a phonebook or dictionary
- Make sure your flowers, herbs or leaves are clean and dry.
- Place selection between two sheets of paper to protect the pages of the book you're using.
- Place selection between the two sheets of paper within the book.
- Label book with date you placed the items in the book (it's easy to forget when you've put them in there!).
- Weigh book down; wait a few days.
- Use your pressed flowers and herbs to create cards, crafts or give as a gift.