Lemon citrus scrub
This delicious lemon citrus scrub uses ingredients that you already have in your kitchen. Packed with Vitamins A, C and E, this lemon citrus scrub is just what skin needs to look healthy and fresh. Pour the mixture into separate containers for a thoughtful DIY gift!
DIY lemon citrus scrub
Serves: 4 – 3 oz containers
- 1½ cups natural, coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup light olive oil (or almond or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 drops natural lemon essence (optional)
- 4 sealable containers
- Combine oil and sea salt together (if using something other than coarse sea salt, add olive oil in small increments so the mixture isn’t oversaturated).
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon essence.
- Fill containers and store at room temperature.
- Include instructions for use: Prior to leaving shower, apply scrub all over body in circular motion and rinse well.
Olive oil is a powerful antioxidant, but you can also substitute almond oil—it’s ultra-hydrating and full of Vitamin D. Or add coconut oil, which is nourishing and great for sensitive skin.