Superheroes are ‘in’ these days so why not give your little hero a DIY superhero cape that’s easy to make? Cut panels from a t-shirt then transfer printable emblems suitable for both boys and girls. An array of characters will become alive in an instant!
Non-sewers rejoice! There’s absolutely no sewing involved! Just sharpen your scissors and you’ll be a pro in no time! We even have a DIY superhero masks to coordinate with the cape.
You don’t even have to buy a new t-shirt! You can easily use an old one but make sure to iron out the wrinkles first. A medium-sized youth shirt fits toddlers well but adjust the size for your child accordingly.
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Superhero Cape Printable
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LV0BPE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008LV0BPE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”T-Shirt”]t-shirt[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B7K9UI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000B7K9UI&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Rotary Cutting Tool”]rotary cutter[/url], ruler and mat (or tailor’s chalk and ruler)
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HV2ZE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0006HV2ZE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”T-Shirt Transfer Paper”]t-shirt transfer paper[/url]
- Velcro tabs
- First, iron t-shirt to remove any wrinkles. Using a ruler and rotary cutter, cut a panel from the neckline to the waistline—you’ll want to use a mat to protect your surface. If you don’t have a rotary cutter, use a ruler and tailor’s chalk to create a guideline that can be cut with scissors. [img alt=”” src=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-instructions-back.jpg” class=”aligncenter” width=”305″ height=”274″]
- Next, cut the neckline in the front of the t-shirt. [img alt=”” src=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-instructions-front.jpg” class=”aligncenter” width=”209″ height=”273″]
- Download the [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Superhero Cape”]Everyday Dishes & DIY superhero cape printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url]. Print on t-shirt transfer paper, following package instructions.
- Place the cape on your child to measure his/her neck size. Trim the length of the neckline if necessary. There should only be a 1″ overlap—you want the cape to fit snug but not too tight.
- Adhere Velcro tabs on both ends of the neckline then let your kid take flight!