DIY Superhero Cape
Superheroes are ‘in’ these days so why not give your little hero a DIY superhero cape that’s easy to make? Cut panels from a t-shirt then transfer printable emblems suitable for both boys and girls. An array of characters will become alive in an instant!
Non-sewers rejoice! There’s absolutely no sewing involved! Just sharpen your scissors and you’ll be a pro in no time! We even have a DIY superhero masks to coordinate with the cape.
You don’t even have to buy a new t-shirt! You can easily use an old one but make sure to iron out the wrinkles first. A medium-sized youth shirt fits toddlers well but adjust the size for your child accordingly.
DIY superhero cape instructions
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Superhero Cape Printable
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LV0BPE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008LV0BPE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”T-Shirt”]t-shirt[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B7K9UI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000B7K9UI&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Rotary Cutting Tool”]rotary cutter[/url], ruler and mat (or tailor’s chalk and ruler)
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HV2ZE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0006HV2ZE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”T-Shirt Transfer Paper”]t-shirt transfer paper[/url]
- Velcro tabs
- First, iron t-shirt to remove any wrinkles. Using a ruler and rotary cutter, cut a panel from the neckline to the waistline—you’ll want to use a mat to protect your surface. If you don’t have a rotary cutter, use a ruler and tailor’s chalk to create a guideline that can be cut with scissors. [img alt=”” src=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-instructions-back.jpg” class=”aligncenter” width=”305″ height=”274″]
- Next, cut the neckline in the front of the t-shirt. [img alt=”” src=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-instructions-front.jpg” class=”aligncenter” width=”209″ height=”273″]
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/diy-superhero-cape-cherylstyle-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Superhero Cape”]Everyday Dishes & DIY superhero cape printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url]. Print on t-shirt transfer paper, following package instructions.
- Place the cape on your child to measure his/her neck size. Trim the length of the neckline if necessary. There should only be a 1″ overlap—you want the cape to fit snug but not too tight.
- Adhere Velcro tabs on both ends of the neckline then let your kid take flight!
Velcro is perfect for keeping the cape securely in place. It’s adjustable, comfortable and most importantly, provides an easy release should your little one prove to be a bit too adventurous and gets caught on something.