DIY wine glass lantern printable
Let the subtle lighting of our DIY wine glass lantern set the mood of your bridal shower, engagement party, wedding day, or any special occasion.
Our lanterns are inexpensive, easy to make and add a pop of color to the table. Everyone will admire your elegant centerpieces that look store bought and they will gush over your resourcefulness.
We made it simple to get just the right fit for your paper shades by creating a stencil. To get started, print our free paper lantern printable on a text weight paper in the color of your choice.
Use craft scissors to cut scalloped edges, or keep them straight for a more modern look. We added a decorative design, using a hole punch. You could also attach a ribbon for an additional color; the options are endless.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DIY-wine-glass-lantern-cherylstyle-cheryl-najafi-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Wine Glass Lantern”]Everyday Dishes & DIY DIY Paper Lantern Printable[/url]
- text weight scrapbook or craft paper
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001DT3YU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2″ target=”_blank” title=”Fiskars Hand Punch 1/8″ Circle”]Fiskars Hand Punch 1/8” circle[/url]
- hot glue gun
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013Z9NWC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0013Z9NWC&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Wine Glass”]wine glasses[/url]
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DIY-wine-glass-lantern-cherylstyle-cheryl-najafi-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Wine Glass Lantern”]Everyday Dishes & DIY DIY Paper Lantern Printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader.[/url]
- Print on scrapbook or craft paper (if your printer doesn’t feed paper selected, print on regular paper and use as template to trace and cut).
- Cut short ends using regular scissors.
- Cut curves using scallop scissors (make sure scallop scissors are turned correctly so finished cut has a round edge rather than the inverse, cut on practice paper first).
- Hole punch top and bottom edges.
- Wrap paper so edges slightly overlap as shown on printable.
- Glue along edge (double-sided tape can be used instead of glue but the candle warmth may make adhesive less sticky).
- Hold with hands until glue is dry.
Don’t spend money on an expensive table runner to match themed colors you may never use again. Use a roll of gift-wrap instead.
We used a patterned roll that matched our colors and added a neutral runner on top for a layered look. It’s easy to do, only costs a few dollars, and everyone will praise you for your clever ideas.