Celebrate the union of a perfect pair with our fresh pear place cards. Our edible place cards are fun, easy and inexpensive. They’re also a tasty takeaway for your guests.
Seasonal red Anjou pears are stunning when dipped in white chocolate and lightly sprinkled with gold disco dust. Adorned with our free printable and neatly tied with jute twine, the bride and your guests will think you sourced custom-made gourmet place settings!
Red Anjou pears can be found from late September through mid-spring, but green pears work just as well, depending on the look you are going for. Even if you’re not celebrating an engagement, this recipe/craft hybrid is a phenomenal idea to dress the table for any special event.
The directions are simple—start by washing and drying the pears. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then dip each pear a little more than halfway in the candy coating. Place the dipped pear on the baking sheet then sprinkle lightly with gold disco dust.
After all the pears have been sufficiently dipped and dusted, put the baking sheet in the refrigerator to let the candy coating harden. Meanwhile, download our free Everyday Dishes & DIY pear leaf printable tags and leaf back template to complete your favors.
To create texture, cut out the leaf tags using scalloped scissors. The leaf-back template is slightly larger than the name tag, so they create an attractive layered effect.
When all the leaves are cut, layer the translucent tag on top of the green leaf-back then punch a hole at the top of the leaves. Using the jute twine, tie the leaves to the stem of the pear.
You can prepare the place cards up to one day in advance. You’re going to love the stunning results!
Our post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links within our content, Everyday Dishes & DIY will receive a commission. This won’t cost you anything additional and it helps to keep our content free!
- 12 red pears
- parchment paper
- 1 ½ lbs white candy coating, melted
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00316XJ9E/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00316XJ9E&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Disco Dust”]disco dust[/url]
- 3 sheets [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072IJOUA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0072IJOUA&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”White Translucent Paper”]translucent paper[/url]
- 3 sheets green card stock
- Everyday Dishes & DIY pear leaf printable
- Everyday Dishes & DIY pear green leaf back template
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DNX6YC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004DNX6YC&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Scallop Scissors”]scallop scissors[/url]
- hole punch
- Rinse and dry pears.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip pears a little more than halfway in candy coating and place on a baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle disco dust over candy coating.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator, just long enough to let pears set.
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fresh-pear-place-card-cherylstyle-cheryl-najafi-leaf-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Pear Leaf Printable”]Everyday Dishes & DIY pear leaf printable[/url] and [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fresh-pear-place-card-cherylstyle-cheryl-najafi-leaf-template.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Pear Leaf Back Printable”]Everyday Dishes & DIY pear green leaf back template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url]. Fill in leaves with information.
- Cut out leaves with scallop scissors.
- Layer leaves with card stock on bottom and translucent paper on top.
- Punch hole at top of leaves and tie them to the stem of pear.