Custom hammered metal jewelry
Hammered metal jewelry is a craft that looks expensive, is easy to do, and requires only a few tools and wire to make.
Use our template to make a heart or spell out ‘love’ in cursive by bending silver plated wire with jewelry pliers. Want something more personalized? Choose a font and print out any name or word you’d like—it’s all up to you!
Custom jewelry always makes a great gift so plan to make several pieces at a time. Besides, swinging a hammer (even if it’s done gently) can be pretty satisfying to let off some steam if your day hasn’t gone exactly as planned!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/hammered-metal-jewelry-cherylstyle-printble.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Hammered Jewelry”]hammered metal jewelry template[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OCRE74/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002OCRE74&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”16 Gauge Silver Plated Flatwire”]16 gauge silver plated flat wire[/url], 12″ long
- jewelry chain and jump rings
- jewelry pliers
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/hammered-metal-jewelry-cherylstyle-printble.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Hammered Jewelry”]hammered metal jewelry template[/url] printable and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print out the template and choose which word you want to spell out for your necklace.
- Cut a 12″ strip of wire, using scissors. Place one end of the wire on the template where it says ‘start.’ Follow the template as a guide to bend the wire. Use jewelry pliers to help make curves and loops—just a small slight bend will work. Once the word has been completed, snip off excess wire.
- Place the finished word on a hard surface (one that can take a bit of a beating) and lightly tap over the top. Don’t flatten it too much or it could become fragile and break!
- Once flattened, hook jump rings to the pendant, attach chain and you’re done!