It is so much easier than it looks to make paper flowers! Our step-by-step photos show you how to cut, glue and assemble charming bouquets that require no water! They make the perfect adornment to gift packages, homemade gifts or just a great craft project to do with friends.
We used a scalloped die-cut to make our cutouts. It’s a bit pricey but consider it an investment. It saves time, makes perfect cuts and will be used for tons of future projects.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make paper flowers
- card stock, various colors
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQGFTUA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00OQGFTUA&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=3K4G6EJY33Y27QGQ” target=”_blank” title=”3.5″ Scallop Circle Die-Cut”]3.5″ scallop circle die-cut[/url] or [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002TMXAE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002TMXAE&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=Y37ZGAKREBD34JCM” target=”_blank” title=”Scallop Scissors”]scallop scissors[/url]
- hot glue gun
- floral wire
- Cut out paper shapes using a die-cut or scallop scissors—you’ll need 3 cutouts per flower.
- Starting at the edge of 1 cutout, cut a slit to its center. Overlap the 2 cut ends and glue together.
- Starting from the edge of a second cutout, make 2 slits to form a small triangle—much like a slice of pie. Overlap the 2 cut ends enough to make the cutout smaller than the first one then glue to adhere.
- Cut a 1.5″ hole in the center of a third cutout, discard and then cut the cutout in half. Overlap the ends of one half of the cutout slightly and glue together. Loosely roll up the other half to form a bud.
- Layer and glue the cutouts on top of each other, starting with the largest and ending with the smallest. Place the bud in the center, apply glue to secure then fringe a small scrap of card stock. Roll it up, glue it in the center of the bud then use remaining scraps to cut out leaves.
- Carefully poke a hole through the center of the flower with a toothpick. Insert a piece of floral wire for the stem then glue two leaves on the back.
- Arrange flowers in containers. Cut floral wire as necessary to create stems of various lengths.