Sautéed Parmesan Green Beans
Our sautéed green beans with cherry tomatoes are elegant on the table and super easy to make! With just a five-minute prep time, this dish is table-ready in a quick 20 minutes.
We sautéed the vegetables in chicken broth to enhance their individual flavors, but also to bring that savory, moderately salty essence to the dish without using actual salt. Because cherry tomatoes are particularly delicate, the salt from the broth will help release the juices.
If you prefer firm green beans, lift the lid and check for tenderness around the five-minute mark. If you like them on the tender side, allow a few extra minutes of cook time.
When you’re ready to serve your sautéed green beans with cherry tomatoes, sprinkle heartily with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Sautéed Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz petite green beans
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add green beans then sauté 3–4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium then add chicken broth.
- Cover and let beans steam for 5–7 minutes. Remove lid then check beans for tenderness. If you prefer a soft texture, steam them for a few more minutes then add a little more broth, if necessary.
- Stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Cover and steam 1–2 minutes—just enough to warm the tomatoes through. Remove from heat, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then serve warm.