Good Days Start with Coffee and You—it’s the perfect sentiment for our DIY coffee mug, don’t you think? This is going to be your favorite mug for your morning cup of joe!
It’s an easy project, but it’s one that requires a little pre-planning. The mug needs 28 days to cure, so you won’t be able to use it right away. Keep that in mind if you’re planning to gift it to someone.
You’ll find several kinds of decoupage at the store, but be sure to buy a dishwasher-safe gloss. It’s non-toxic and water-based, and safe to wash on the top rack.
Just place the cutout at least ¾-inch below the rim of the mug to keep your mouth away from the gloss.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make a DIY coffee mug label
DIY Coffee Mug Label Instructions
- DIY coffee mug label printable
- card stock
- dishwasher-safe decoupage glue
- Download the DIY coffee mug label printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print on card stock and cut out where indicated.
- Brush decoupage onto back of cutout, place it onto the mug at least ¾" from the rim then allow it to dry.
- Once dry, apply a thin coat of decoupage over the cutout and allow it to dry. Apply 5–6 more thin coats, allowing at least 1–2 hours to dry in between coats. Allow it to cure 28 days before use.
- Wash by hand or on top rack of dishwasher.