It’s amazing how something as simple as a stitched pillow cover can give your room a new look in an instant!
Our template provides a simple pattern that’s easy to follow, even for beginners. Two basic stitches—running stitches and cross-stitches—are all you need to know and we even have process shots to show you how.
You’ll be a pro in no time!
How to make a stitched pillow cover
- stitched pillow cover template
- 12″ x 16″ gray canvas pillow cover
- 3 strands of coral yarn, cut to 30″
- 2 strands of black yarn, cut to 30″
- Download the [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/stitched-pillow-cover-template-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Stitched pillow cover template”]stitched pillow cover template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print out then poke holes where indicated with a pencil.
- Lay pillow cover on a flat surface, tape template onto it and make a pencil mark through each hole.
- Thread needle with 1 strand coral yarn and tie knot at the end. Starting from the underside of the pillowcase, bring the needle up through the first pencil mark on the top line of running stitches. Pull the yarn all the way through then down through the next mark. Repeat until the row has been completed. Tie a knot at the end of the last stitch then cut off excess.
- To make cross-stitches in the next row, use 1 strand of black yarn. Starting again from the underside of the pillowcase, bring the needle up through the first pencil mark then across and down through the next. Complete the stitch with the top and bottom marks then go on to the next (refer to our template) until the row has been completed.
- Repeat the process for remaining rows then insert pillow, zip and display.