One Pot Chicken and Pasta
Yes, you can make an amazing meal without using all the pans in your kitchen. Our one pot chicken and pasta recipe is foolproof and delicious—flavorful veggies and protein included!
We used fire-roasted tomatoes for a bit more flavor. If you can’t find them at the supermarket, regular tomatoes will work just fine—you can always add more herbs to the pot.
While preparing this recipe, keep in mind that the Parmesan cheese and chicken broth will add a fair amount of sodium, so add additional seasonings like salt and pepper after the dish has finished cooking.
One Pot Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½" cubes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 2 14 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat then add olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken, salt and pepper then cook 3–4 minutes until most of the chicken has turned white and may be beginning to brown slightly.
- Add onion and bell pepper, stir to combine then cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes then cook 1 additional minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, chicken broth and pasta. Bring liquid to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook 10–12 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat then stir in grated Parmesan to form a creamy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve with plenty of grated Parmesan on the side.