A busy mom needs plenty of rest to keep up with her hectic schedule. Here’s your chance to help her out by making a sleep mask that’s fun, practical and uses sewing items you most likely already have.
Search through your scrap material to coordinate a look that best reflects Mom’s style. Our template’s design is all about the eyelashes and takes only a simple backstitches to turn you into a professional makeup artist—at least on felt!
Sometimes a similar project can be glued or sewn by hand, but this is one where you’ll definitely want to use a sewing machine. That elastic will get a workout so it needs to be firmly secured.
Whether making one for Mother’s Day or a brand new mom, your sleep mask is sure to be appreciated.
How to make a sleep mask
- sleep mask for mom printable
- card stock
- pen or marker
- 1 sheet felt
- soft fabric scrap
- sewing needle
- black thread, 80″ long
- straight pins
- sewing machine
- Download the [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/printable-sleep-mask-for-mom-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Sleep mask for mom”]sleep mask for mom printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print and cut out where indicated. Trace template onto felt, cut out then trace or draw eyelids onto the back of the felt to avoid showing any tracing lines.
- Thread needle, tie a few knots at the end, then, starting with the eyelids first and the eyelashes second, use a backstitch to outline the drawing. Set felt aside.
- Trace and cut out scrap fabric and pin it right side up to underside of felt. Place ends of elastic in between fabric and felt, just like a sandwich.
- Using a sewing machine, stitch along the entire edge to hold mask together. Done!