Pan-Seared Salmon with Dill Butter
Serve pan-seared salmon at your next dinner party! Lightly seasoned, cooked in minutes and topped with a delicately flavored butter sauce, it’s sure to impress your guests—plus, it’s a fantastic way to get your omega-3’s.
Making a ‘compound’ butter by mixing ingredients into butter takes only a minute! Placed on top of each filet, the compound butter melts with the heat of the fish and becomes a delicious sauce.
We used fresh dill, garlic and just a little lemon for an easy way to add flavor to the salmon. Whether serving to company or getting the family to eat more fish, this particular recipe certainly deserves a try.
Pan-Seared Salmon with Dill Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp zest of lemon, finely, grated
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- wedges lemon, for squeezing
- In a small bowl, stir together salted butter, dill, garlic powder and lemon zest until completely combined. You may leave the butter at room temperature or refrigerate until just before ready to use but be sure to return it to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat an iron skillet or heavy-bottom non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to get hot. Blot flesh side of salmon filets dry with a paper towel then lightly brush with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and place salmon flesh side down into pan, pressing lightly so the entire surface of the salmon filet comes into contact with the pan. As you allow salmon to cook undisturbed for 3–4 minutes, brush the side facing up with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the first side is golden and crispy flip it over to cook the other side until salmon reaches desired doneness—it’ll vary slightly based on the thickness of the filet. Salmon is done if it flakes when pressed lightly.
- Remove filets from skillet and transfer to plate or platter. Top with 1 Tbsp of homemade dill butter and allow it to melt and become a sauce. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing and enjoy!