Whether you’re jet setting to a foreign locale or have a beach getaway on the agenda, you’ll want to keep these five tips for packing light in mind.
5 tips for packing light
1. stick to one color scheme
- When packing, choose clothing that goes with the same color bag and shoes.
- If all your outfits go with black, for example, there’s no need to pack that cocktail dress that only matches brown-colored heels.
- You’ll maximize your packing space and minimize your headache.
2. try packing cubes
- Rummaging through your entire suitcase for your favorite sweater buried at the bottom just creates a giant mess. That’s why we absolutely love packing cubes. They make for blissfully easy, organized packing, and are a great way to easily find items in your luggage.
- Packing cubes can be used for organizing home storage, too.
3. think in layers
- Lightweight items save space. So instead of packing that bulky sweater, take the lighter one instead.
- On cooler evenings, you can layer with a light jacket and scarf to keep warm.
4. pack transitional outfits
- Instead of packing outfits for both daytime and evening wear, try to pick a few items that can easily go from day to night with a quick accessories swap.
- That DVF wrap dress, which is perfect for sightseeing, will look just as darling for dinner with a pair of heels, a statement necklace and a swipe of fresh red lipstick.
5. bring travel-sized beauty products
- Even if you plan on checking your bag, there’s no need to haul that Costco-sized bottle of Paul Mitchell across the country. Typically, the TSA-approved 3 fl oz standard is enough to survive for a week.
- You can get transparent bottles to fill with your favorite products at a nearby drugstore.
- Try a website like 3floz.com which specializes in travel-sized bath and beauty products.
If you travel often, keep a cosmetic bag with your favorite travel-sized beauty products already packed and ready to go. This grab-and-go solution will make packing for your next trip a total breeze!