Most of us wince at the thought of a whiskey cocktail, but not once you try our blushing whiskey and lavender cocktail recipe! It’s just the right amount of sweet with a touch of exotic lavender essence and a hint of sour from the fresh lime. We call that the perfect flavor trifecta!
The lavender simple syrup takes the burn out of the whiskey and, once you combine all the ingredients, you’ll discover how wonderfully subtle the lavender actually turns out to be on your taste buds. The fresh lime juice helps to balance out the ‘sweet’ and the soda water brings a nice pop of fizz to the table because, well, we like our bubbles!
We were feeling kind of fancy in the test kitchen so we used a brulee torch to add a little visual interest to the final presentation. It will wow your guests if you’re entertaining company but is by no means a detriment to the recipe. A regular wedge of grapefruit will do!
Blushing Whiskey and Lavender Cocktail Recipe
what you'll need
lavender simple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lavender dried
- 1 1/2 oz lavender simple syrup
- 3 oz honey whiskey
- 3 oz grapefruit juice ruby red
- 3 oz soda water
- juice of 1 lime
- slices grapefruit for garnish if desired
let's do it
- Combine water, sugar and lavender in a small saucepan then bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Next, strain liquid through a sieve to remove lavender bits then set liquid aside.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. You can shake or stir the contents then strain mixture into glasses filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit then serve immediately.