Our dirty Coke float cocktail is a blend of your favorite soda shop treat and a sunny afternoon at the beach! The combination of coconut rum, fizzy cola, bright-tasting lime and a splash of half-and-half is like nothing we’ve ever tasted before.
We used diet cola when experimenting in the test kitchen and found that alongside the rum and fresh lime, there was plenty of sweet without being overwhelming. The alcohol taste is mild, and the flavor you experience is a happy, unexpected creamy fizz of coconut and lime!
If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic version of this recipe for you or the kids, simply swap the rum for coconut-flavored syrup!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Dirty Coke Float Cocktail Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz lime juice about half a lime
- 12 oz regular Coke or Diet Coke
- 2 Tbsp half-and-half to taste
- coconut ice cream
- 2 limes for garnish, if desired
let's do it
- Pour ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake or stir to combine ingredients completely.
- Divide the slushy between two glasses. Garnish with a fresh wedge of lime, if desired, then serve immediately.
One Last Thing