Colorful and naturally sweet, watermelon is the ultimate summer snack.
So we combined this crisp and slightly sweet treat with anise liqueur and grapefruit bitters to create a refreshing watermelon cocktail.
Refreshing Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups watermelon, cubed, seeded and chilled
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3/4 oz Pernod Anise liqueur, ½ shot
- 1/2 oz Grapefruit bitters, ¼ shot
- 1 - 2 oz simple syrup, 1 shot
- 2 oz lime juice
- fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients except ice and mint into blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into tall cocktail glasses with ice and garnish with mint leaves.
- All amounts are approximate, so feel free to experiment based on sweetness of watermelon and preference.
Watermelon is deliciously sweet on its own, so go easy on the simple syrup. yum!
Meet Chef Josh Hebert
As the chef/co-owner of Posh Restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ, Josh Hebert has earned a devoted following for his revolutionary ‘improvisational’ menu. That is, instead of featuring a set menu, each guest is given a checklist of their likes, dislikes and any food allergies, and then chef Hebert and his team handcrafts a custom menu based around that night’s selection of farm-fresh, seasonal ingredients.