Colorful and naturally sweet, watermelon is the ultimate summer snack.
So we combined this crisp and slightly sweet treat with anise liqueur and grapefruit bitters to create a refreshing watermelon cocktail.
Refreshing Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 1/2 cups watermelon cubed, seeded and chilled
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3/4 oz Pernod Anise liqueur ½ shot
- 1/2 oz Grapefruit bitters ¼ shot
- 1 - 2 oz simple syrup 1 shot
- 2 oz lime juice
- fresh mint
let's do it
- Combine all ingredients except ice and mint into blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into tall cocktail glasses with ice and garnish with mint leaves.
- All amounts are approximate, so feel free to experiment based on sweetness of watermelon and preference.
One Last Thing
Meet Chef Josh Hebert
As the chef/co-owner of Posh Restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ, Josh Hebert has earned a devoted following for his revolutionary ‘improvisational’ menu. That is, instead of featuring a set menu, each guest is given a checklist of their likes, dislikes and any food allergies, and then chef Hebert and his team handcrafts a custom menu based around that night’s selection of farm-fresh, seasonal ingredients.